Monday, September 6, 2010

Introduction of Jeffrey Robert Konoske

My name is Jeffrey Robert Konoske. I was born and raised in Carlsbad California. I love the California life style, the weather and the people. I could do without the population, but its a small trade off for all the other upsides to california living. I started my education at a local elementary school named Mission Estancia and then made my way over to the local junior high school named Digueno and then went to  high school at La Costa Canyon. I graduated high school in 2005. Like many others i was not sure what i wanted to do so i kicked around at Palomar and Mira Costa before recognizing teaching was in my blood.

I was raised with technology and cant really imagine a world without it. I am very comfortable with most aspects of technology and really like to explore all the different ways technology can enhance our lives. I believe that everyone should be taught how to use the basic essentials of technology. There is so much information to be learned through technology. Technology is a life of its own!

In the College of Education Mission Statement what really stands out to me is the single word "equity". I believe that everybody has a right to free and a equal education. Education should not be for the wealthy or those that can speak english only. Education should be for ALL. Then and only then will we advance as a society.

2 comments:

  1. Dude nothing beats growing up here! Yah dealing with the tons of people is a bummer at times, but defiantly worth it. I feel you on the equality, my field of study is Border Studies so that is all I look into when it comes to my speciality! Hope to get to know you better in the next couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its a great point that education is for everyone and that only then can we advance as a society. Go Lakers...3PEAT!!

    ReplyDelete